Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Jeremy's Baseball Story
- Set a career best mark with a 3.33 ERA in 78.1 innings.
- Set a career best Strikeout to Walk ratio with 80Ks and only 25BBs
- Set a career high in Strikeouts per inning with 1.03 Ks/Inning.
- Set a then career best mark with a 3.51 ERA.
- Set a personal high with 75 appearances.
- Was a key part of a bullpen that led the Colorado Rockies to their first ever National League pennant and World Series appearance.
- Traded to the Colorado Rockies for first baseman Ryan Shealy.
- Set a personal high with 54 games pitched.
- Set a career high in games pitched with 49.
- Only allowed 3 home runs in 49 innings pitched.
- Set a career high in games pitched with 38.
- Set a personal high with 13 saves.
- Set career highs in several categories, including Wins (7), Innings (126.0), ERA (3.93), and Strikeouts (98)
- Was second on the Royals staff with 126 innings pitched, and fourth with 7 strikouts per 9 innings.
- Effective as both a starter (6-5, 4.39 ERA) and a reliever (1-1, 2.56 ERA).
- Was a key component to the Royals posting their first winning record since 1994.
- Opened the 2002 searson on the Major League roster for the first time in his carrer... made his ML debut vs. Chicago on April 6 out of the bullpen and struck out Kenny Lofton in his first matchup (2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R)
- Struck out 67 batters for an average of 7.8 strikeouts per 9 innings.
- Had a 2.60 ERA (17.1 IP, 5 ER) in his 1st 7 outings.
- Earned his 1st Major League win in his 6th career outing on April 24 vs. Detroit, 8-2...retired 11 of the 12 batters he faced in relief, allowing just 1 walk in the 7th inning.
- Became the 20th-youngest pitcher to start for the Royals at 22 years, 11 months and 27 days and the youngest since Chris George made his 1st start in 2001 at 21 years, 10 months and 10 days.
- Ranked 9th among A.L. rookie pitchers with 67 strikeouts.
- Affeldt set a career high in wins for Wichita (AA) in 2001, going 10-6 with a 3.90 ERA in 25 starts ... finished 3rd on the club in innings pitched (145.1) and 2nd in strikeouts (128).
- Selected to participate in the Texas League All-Star Game ... was also named to the postseason All-Star team.
- Named to the 2001 Arizona Fall League Top-Prospect Team after posting a 3-0 record with a 7.25 ERA in 10 games (22.1 IP, 18 ER).
- Won 5 straight decisions over a 7-start stretch from May 29-July 5... posted a 2.98 ERA during that span. (48.1 IP, 16 ER)